Thursday, June 25, 2015

Guest Designer for So Suzy Stamps!

I am so excited to be one of the Guest Designers for So Suzy Stamps this month!  Suzy's stamps are available in a wide range of categories and are very crisp and many of them are quite elegant.

Speaking of elegant, I selected, as my theme this month, to do a wedding card and since I obviously love shaker cards, I couldn't resist.  The stamps I used are the Wedding Dress stamp, with corresponding SVG file and the This Day Forward sentiment stamp.


I started out by using the cutting file on my Silhouette Portrait machine to cut out the background for my stamp with Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock.

I cut out several copies in case I made a mistake.  Once I had those ready, I mixed some Perfect Pearls in the shade Perfect Pearl, with some water and painted all of my dress cutouts.

I followed that with some heat embossing using Versamark and Sparkle 'N Sprinkle's Velvet Sparkle embossing powder.

I followed that same process using different colored embossing powders from my stash, a pink sparkle shade and blue sparkle shade (I have no idea just where those came from) and I'll make something with those another time.  I did notice, as you can see in this picture, that the embossing powder just didn't show up enough on top of the Perfect Pearls watercolor, so I used my Zig glue pen to trace the lines in the stamp and covered that with some Reflection Velvet Glitter from Sparkle 'N Sprinkle.

To assemble my card, I used some Neenah Solar White cardstock cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" for a top folding card.  I used the other half of the cardstock to cut out my panel and my circular window.

I used the A2 stitched rectangle from the Stitched Bundle and the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Dies for the center shaker window.  I used washi tape to hold the two dies together and ran them on the white cardstock and two pieces of fun foam.  I cut some transparency paper to make my little window.  I pulled some floral paper from my stash (My Mind's Eye "Fancy That" double-sided paper) and adhered my dress and some pearl embellishments, stacked my fun foam and adhered it to my card front and dropped in some marshmallow sequins, sparkling clear and silver shimmer seed beads from Pretty Pink Posh.

I stamped the sentiment on some of my paperstash (same as above), cut it in a strip and stuck it to the front of my card and added a small rose embellishment.





I played around with another card, but I thought it turned out too "pinky" for me, I'm showing it here anyway, just without a tutorial.




I can post a tutorial for the above card if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Until then, Keep Crafting Real!




No comments:

Post a Comment